Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pope Francis Personally Calls Kiosk Owner To Cancel Newspaper Subscription In Argentina


Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina was elected the 266th pope of the Catholic Church last week and took on the name Francis. Like any other person moving to a new city (in his case - The Vatican), there were a few things he needed to get in order, like canceling his newspaper subscription in his home city.

Pope Francis personally called the owner of the kiosk who delivered his daily newspaper to cancel his subscription. The Catholic Daily News reported that the kiosk owner's son, Daniel Del Regno, picked up the phone and thought someone was playing a prank on him.
"Seriously, it’s Jorge Bergoglio, I’m calling you from Rome," the Pope reportedly said.
Speaking to Buenos Aires' La Nacion, Del Regno said:
I was in shock, I broke down in tears and didn’t know what to say. He thanked me for delivering the paper all this time and sent best wishes to my family ... I told him to take care and that I would miss him. I asked him if there would ever be the chance to see him here again. He said that for the time being that would be very difficult, but that he would always be with us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Designed by Digilabz and Info-Tech